|Date Posted||April 27, 2022|
Trades & Services
Heavy Truck Repair 310 Mechanic
WE GIVE DOWN-TO-EARTH A WHOLE NEW MEANING
We're Lehigh Hanson. Our products build cities and towns, including stadiums that hold thousands of fans, and bridges that support millions of vehicles. We have thousands of employees across hundreds of locations in the U.S. and Canada, making us North America's leading supplier of cement, aggregates, ready mixed concrete, asphalt and related construction materials.
We might be a big company, but we appreciate and encourage our people to share their ideas and help shape our future. We want every one of our people to play an active role in growing our business. With our diverse product lines and locations across North America, there are opportunities to explore different roles and work on a variety of exciting and interesting projects.
We're a tight knit team. While we strive to be the best, we do it with an attitude that is humble, accessible and down-to-earth. We don't ask you to "fit in" to our culture. We invite you to add to it.
HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL GET TO DO
Do you pride yourself in the ability to fix anything? Lehigh Hanson is seeking a Heavy Truck Repair 310 Mechanic to assist with the maintenance operations at this site. You will have the opportunity to tackle new challenges each and every day to keep the plant running smoothly and efficiently.
- Diagnose, adjust, repair, or overhaul mobile mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment, such as loaders and ready mix trucks.
- Repair and replace damaged or worn parts.
- Dismantle and reassemble heavy equipment using hoists and hand tools.
- Operate and inspect machines or heavy equipment to diagnose defects.
- Test mechanical products and equipment after repair or assembly to ensure proper performance and compliance with manufacturers' specifications.
- Clean, lubricate, and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment and vehicles.
- Repairs and assesses malfunctions, rebuilds, and performs maintenance on construction equipment, such as loaders and ready mix trucks.
- Operate individually and within a team environment
- Ensure compliance with all health, safety and environmental regulations, and with company policies and procedures; perform daily equipment inspections, as well as identify and assist in correcting unsafe conditions
This position will be based at Ottawa, Ontario.
HERE'S WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 310 Licensed mechanic
- 3-5 years of journeyman level mechanic experience required
- Valid drivers' license required. Class A or D preferred.
- 5-10 years heavy mobile equipment experience
- Physical Requirements: sitting, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, twisting, climbing, balancing, bending (bending at the waist, lifting above the waist and lifting below the waist), kneeling, reaching, grasping (use of both hands), squatting, repetitive motions, manipulative finger movements with both hands, use of wrists (flexing or rotating with both wrists), use of both feet, use of arms above and below shoulder, work extended periods of time in same position, perform duties in all climates i.e. weather, extreme temperatures, tolerate heights, lift and carry up to 75 lbs., work in confined spaces, capable of wearing respiratory and other personal protective equipment
- MSHA Part 48 Training a plus
BRING YOUR HUMBLE OVERACHIEVER ATTITUDE AND LET'S ELEVATE OUR COMPANY EVEN HIGHER!
We appreciate that candidates have many questions when considering opportunities, so we want to let you know that we offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, which we like to share with candidates a little bit later in the process.
No search firms please.
Lehigh Hanson is a Drug Free Workplace