|Location||Greenville, South Carolina|
|Date Posted||July 14, 2022|
Engineering Project Manager/ Development
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
Large Motor and Generator, MOLM, R&D Engineer position is one of a team of engineers who support aggressive product and technology research and development projects to align with our growth and cost reduction initiatives. This position will also manage Gate Model Project timelines with cross-functional teams and is responsible for reporting project status to the R&D Engineering Manager. Based in Greenville, SC, this position will help develop innovative solutions in the area of Large Alternating Current Motors.
- As an R&D Engineer, you will perform various engineering tasks involving such functions as analysis, design, development, and testing of electric motors and its various components.
- Review and analyze a variety of engineering data, documents, and reports
- Utilize SolidWorks to design, modify, and make 3D models and drawings of designs and concepts
- Perform FEM analysis of legacy and conceptual designs
- Interpret regulatory standards and insure designs meet standards
- Write papers, participate in technical meetings, seminars, and conferences
- Work with a Product Managers, Plant Manager, Engineering Managers, and R&D Engineers as a project manager on Gate Model Projects to insure projects remain on task
- Manage project documents and Project Reporting
- Participate in Project Manufacturing/Engineering Reviews
- Coordinate engineering activities with purchasing and manufacturing
- Some limited travel required (domestic as well as international).
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, and 5 years experience in the development or application of motors, or thermal and structural applications of rotating equipment.
- 5+ years of experience in either product application or development engineering of Large A/C Motors preferred.
- Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
- Knowledge in NEMA, IEC, CSA, API and IEEE standards
- Experience in finite element method modeling such as ANSYS, CFD, Maxwell 3D, etc
- Project Management experience in the Gate Model process
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US
More about us
The Large Motors and Generators Division offers a comprehensive product portfolio of large AC motors and generators. From general purpose to highly customized designs, synchronous motors and high voltage induction motors provide high efficiency, reliability and availability across all major industries and applications, including some in the toughest and most demanding environments. The division also has a long track record of designing and building generators for wide range of industries, including power generation, marine, oil and gas, mining, and data centers.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website .
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1- or by sending an email to . Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.